When you visit Ecuador, like in any other place of the world, it is necessary to know certain key points of the country that will help you travel and enjoy one of the most beautiful and interesting countries in the world.
The prices, as well as the comfort of the services that the establishments offers go up, since Ecuador is able to satisfy the taste of the most demanding clients.
To travel outside of the city, you can take buses at the different bus terminals of the country, or request the services of any of the companies that specialize in tourist transportation which will allow you to move around the different destinations in Ecuador with professional drivers and in new vehicles.
Regarding air transportation, Ecuador has airports in 12 cities, all of which serve flights with the main national airlines. If you travel to the Ecuadorian Amazon, you should know that the most used forms of transportation in some places are canoes and small motor boats, which would take you to your destination in a fast and reliable way. It is recommended to hire these services through tourism operators or travel agencies. For more information on transport companies, we invite you to visit our partners section.
1. Travel with people you trust. It is always better to travel in group.
2. Know which parts of each city are the most insecure and avoid them. You can ask for this information at the hotel you check in, or in the tourist information offices of each city.
3. Ask for the schedules in which you can visit the different attractions of each place.
4. Leave the most important documents at the hotel but keep in minds that you should always carry, one form of identification with you at all time.
5. Avoid carrying large amounts of money with you, it is better to use credit cards. It is also not recommended to use expensive jewelry and watches, especially when using public transportation.
6. If you feel insecure at any time, take a taxi, get into a place full of people, ask a police officer to help you or call 911.
7. Use the services of authorized tour guides, do not use the services of people who volunteer to help you or show excessive kindness.
8. Do not keep your luggage or other personal items unattended.
9. At the forests, national parks, beaches and other places, always follow the instructions of the tour guides and managers of that place, use the established trails, and respect the warning signs.
10. Not all beaches in Ecuador are suitable for swimming, or for unexperienced swimmers. Check out for the high tide alerts.
What To Take To Ecuador
If your destination is the Amazon region you should bring rubber boots (you can buy them at any city of Ecuador), plastic bags, light clothes, comfortable pants (no jeans), raincoat and sandals. Something essential, regardless of the destination you choose, is a good camera, for the large number of photos that, we are sure you will take in Ecuador.